The Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show) is an annual auto show held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in mid-to-late November. The LA Auto Show is an OICA sanctioned international exhibition and also endorsed by the Greater Los Angeles New Car Dealers Association. It is open to the public for ten days each year, filling 760,000 square feet (71,000 m2) of exhibit space.
Every year the LA Auto Show kicks off with three Press & Trade Days full of activity for journalists, designers and industry representatives alike. In 2014, the show had a record number of debuts with more than 65 World and North American debuts.
Press & Trade Days also include the following events:
- Connected Car Expo: a one-day conference and three day expo that has become the authoritative gathering for auto and tech industry professionals to connect and discuss/feature the future of mobility (only CCE exhibits and conference room are accessible on day one)
- The Press & Trade Days Kickoff Party: following the end of the Connected Car Expo Conference, industry and media professionals gather to celebrate the kickoff of Press & Trade Days
- MPG Motoring Invitational: a cars & coffee breakfast called the Motoring Invitational sponsored by the Motor Press Guild
- Green Car of the Year Award: presented by the Green Car Journal
- Design LA Open House & Reception: advanced automotive design studios from around the world present their concepts to a judging committee and compete for top honor; winner of judges’ pick as well as people’s choice award are both announced during the annual reception
- Advanced Technology & Green Ride & Drive: test drives of the newest tech and green advancements exclusively for media
- Connected City Summit: gathers government, automotive and tech professionals to discuss the future of mobility and the development of the connected city
- Automobile designers finish out Design LA at the Designers’ Night Reception hosted by Car Design News (offsite and separate registration required to attend)
In response to the rapid changes that new technologies such as driver assist and cloud-based infotainment are fueling in the automotive industry, the LA Auto Show organizers have created the Connected Car Expo.
The Connected Car Expo is a one-day conference and three-day expo for automotive and technology companies shaping current innovations and designing the future of the connected car space.
The first event to kick off the show to the public is the annual charity event, LA Auto Show Preview Party, which takes place on the Thursday night before the first public day. All proceeds from the festive event benefit youth music education programs of the GRAMMY Museum.